If you have employee life insurance, you will automatically have AD&D insurance. Dependents are not eligible for AD&D coverage.
If you die as a result of an accident, the benefit will be paid to the same beneficiary you named for your life insurance. If you lose a limb or your sight as a result of an accident, benefits will be paid directly to you. Refer to the Schedule of Benefits by Employer for benefits payable.
No AD&D benefit is payable if your death or other loss is caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly, by any of the following:
- bodily or mental illness or disease of any kind;
- ptomaine or bacterial infections, except infections caused by pyogenic organisms that occur with and through an accidental cut or wound;
- intentional self-destruction or injury you intentionally inflict on yourself, while sane or insane;
- participation in the commission of a felony;
- war or an act of war, whether declared or undeclared, or your taking part in a riot or insurrection; or
- service in any military, naval, or air force of any country while such country is engaged in war.
Filing a Claim
You or your beneficiary should complete a claim form and return it along with any required documentation to the Administrative Office.